With the ability to positively affect mood, Melissa essential oil is often used internally to reduce tense feelings, promote relaxation, and calm feelings of nervousness.*
Melissa officinalis, also known as lemon balm, received the name “Melissa” because of its sweet, fresh, citrus-like fragrance, which was known to attract bees (Melissa is Greek for “honey bee”). As one of our rarest and most expensive oils, Melissa oil has a wide range of health benefits and uses.* Melissa is used as a flavor in teas and ice cream as well as with some fish dishes. Melissa has long been used to help calm feelings of tension and nervousness, when ingested. Diffusing Melissa oil at night can help initiate a restful sleep environment. Melissa oil may also help support a healthy immune system, when taken internally.*
- Diffuse at night or rub on forehead, shoulders, or chest.
- Diffuse Melissa essential oil to create a relaxing environment.
- Add to moisturizer or a spray bottle with water and spritz on face to rejuvenate skin.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in four fluid ounces of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
- May help to support a healthy immune system when taken internally*
- Internal use can help calm tension and nerves*
- Encourages a relaxing atmosphere
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Brand: DT.
- Product Code: 30850001
- Availability: In Stock
- Price in reward points: 154
Tags: dōTERRA Melissa Oil